WARNING: This article talks about pre-alpha code (i.e.: still in development). Use at your own risk.
Just over a week ago, I posted my idea for presentation software.
Since then, I've put together a PyGTK application for this purpose.
- Presenter console: Provides a window for easy navigation of slides, just by double-clicking.
- Presentation window: Dual-head support, with monitor detection and switching at runtime.
- Application: Keyboard shortcuts for all features.
- Document format: ZIP file of images for each of the slides.
- Document format: PDF - linux only, using the python bindings for poppler (Debian/Ubuntu: python-poppler)
I've uploaded it to the Python Package Index: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Presenter/. Please be aware of the dependency on PyGTK (Debian/Ubuntu: python-gtk2)
Let me know if you have any installation problems (relating to my software, not it's dependencies), and any bugs you encounter.
Also, I haven't quite put a license on it definitively for the final release, however, this particular release is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence, version 3.
 Sorry to those of you who don't like GTK, or use Macs - whilst I would like to support you, this is just a prototype with a GUI toolkit I know.